Who are we?
ionHealthcare® is a healthcare consulting firm managed by leadership with real healthcare experience. In fact, this leadership team has successfully executed over ONE MILLION medical record reviews for Risk Adjustment over the last 4 years for a variety of clients, with a 95-98% accuracy rate! Bedside clinical care experiences, electronic medical systems, years of management and operations experience, and having vast knowledge in the business of healthcare has enabled us to offer the best in services. We have an enormous talent pool of qualified healthcare professionals in many areas to include management, education, IT, analytics, and medical coding. Our medical coders are always highly trained, nationally certified through AAPC or AHIMA and regularly tested for quality. (Note that all work is always performed in the U.S.)
To provide reliable and timely consulting services that support the positive health outcomes of patients.
To become recognized nationally as a leader in healthcare consulting.
We believe in honesty and integrity in all things, but especially in healthcare matters. We believe in the strength of diversity and doing the right thing for the right reasons.
Unsurpassed & Trusted Industry Expertise
- ionHealthcare® possesses leadership with real healthcare experience. Our services include Retrospective, Concurrent, and Prospective reviews, Auditing to include RADV, IVA (HRADV), HEDIS®, & Consulting and Management Services.
- Our leadership team successfully executed over ONE MILLION medical record reviews for Risk Adjustment over the last 2 years for a variety of clients, with a 95-98% accuracy rate!
- We continue to deliver this same success to our clients. We also offer consulting for your predictive modeling efforts.
- We are often called upon for our expertise in risk adjustment auditing work to include consultations, RADV, HHS IVA, “HRADV,” and other special audit work to include auditing of internal coding staff and other coding vendors.
Our name, “ionHealthcare” has a nice play on words as we desire to help everyone from patients to providers keep an “eye on” healthcare, but the word “ion” is also appropriate as we are on the “go”. We are moving in many directions, just as the ion particle. From Wikipedia: The word ion is the transliteration of the Greek participle ἰόν (meaning “going”), and was first used by physicist Michael Faraday for the substances that move (“go”) under a current between electrodes in a solution when an electric field is applied. Three key areas govern those many directions: Education, Network, and Solutions. Our goal is to grow our organization to meet needs with two main audiences in mind:
The ionHealthcare® Difference
- ionHealthcare® was founded in Richmond, Virginia by Brian Boyce, BSHS, CPC, CPC-I, CRC.
- We have a combined experience in leadership, management, and education of over 60 years.
- Brian Boyce is the author of the national risk adjustment training program (CRC®) offered through the AAPC, is a nationally licensed PMCC coding instructor, and an ICD-10-CM trainer.
- Within the scope of risk adjustment, our team has been involved as specialists from the very beginning of risk adjustment utilization in the Medicare Advantage plans, participating in both National Sample and RADV efforts, as well as supportive risk adjustment coding, reporting and analytics services.
- ionHealthcare® only hires and works with the best in medical coding and healthcare talent. All of our coders are nationally certified through AAPC or AHIMA and all work is done on shore in the United States.
- Our risk adjustment services include: medical record review, risk adjustment audit support for RADV, HHS IVA (HRADV), mock audits, audits of other coding vendors or staff, and education and training.
- We offer online continuing education programs, PMCC coding workshops, Anatomy & Physiology workshops, programs in HIPAA, Fraud, Waste and Abuse, ICD-10-CM training for medical coders and billers, physicians and other healthcare providers and professionals, and customized educational programs.
- Our team consists of certified medical coders, IT specialists, and reporting and analytics experts who all specialize in risk adjustment.
- Our attention to detail and customer service in unparalleled, as we work to be a true partner for our clients in achieving their goals.
- Our coding results have enjoyed a 95% – 98% accuracy rate for the past 6 years.
Brian far surpasses any AAPC instructor I have had. Although AAPC is very good Brian shines in his method of teaching, knowledge and his always-smiling upbeat personality is very engaging. I feel very confident that I will pass my test for ICD-10 now. Thank you Brian
Debra C., Senior Director
Brian is a valuable resource for any organization! He brings a proactive and enthusiastic level of commitment to any project and could always be counted on to be there on the front lines whenever we needed him. His passion for public service and improving the world for those around him has inspired us all.
Terry M., Associate Director
Brian and I first meet at the National AAPC conference many years ago. We were both looking for someone who was an expert in risk adjustment coding. At the time it was still a new concept for coders. Through the years Brian has immensely grown in the industry of risk adjustment. He is now the expert. There is no looking around because people come to him for opinions and clarification.
Christine V., Corporate Analyst
Whether saving our brave troops by running an aeromedical evacuation squadron or managing over 100 medical coding personnel’s day-to-day operations, Brian’s relentless drive to perfection makes him one of the best in his industry.
Margaryta R., Regional Manager
Brian combines a tremendous knowledge and ability as a coding professional with an exceptional ability to recruit and develop top-notch coding professionals. His professionalism and personable style provide the best possible representation any organization could want.
Jeff G., Director